I am an Associate Professor at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and an Associate Researcher at the Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences. My research interests include intelligent user interfaces, mobile interfaces, interactive machine learning, crowdsourcing, and their applications in education and healthcare. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science (2017) from the University of Pittsburgh (Ph.D. advisor: Dr. Jingtao Wang). I received my B.E. degree in Computer Science (2011) from Shandong University, China.
I’m also a co-founder of CrowdGrammar.com
- 07/2017: Start my appointment at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and at the Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- 01/2017: Successfully defended my dissertation!
- 12/2016: Our full paper entitled “Mastery Learning of Second Language through Asynchronous Modeling of Native Speakers in a Collaborative Mobile Game” is accepted by ACM CHI 2017.
- 12/2016: Our full paper entitled “Scaling Reflection Prompts in Large Classrooms via Mobile Interfaces and Natural Language Processing” is accepted by ACM IUI 2017.
- 08/2016: Winner of Bezirk Hackathon hosted by Bosch RTC Pittsburgh
- 03/2016: Winner of CS Day Poster Competition, Department of Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh
- 11/2015: Ph.D. Thesis Proposal–“Scalable Teaching and Learning via Intelligent User Interfaces”
- 06/2015: Invited demonstration of CourseMIRROR at MDM2015, Pittsburgh, USA
- 04/2015: Present CourseMIRROR at CHI2015, Seoul, Korea
- 03/2015: Present BayesHeart and MindMiner at IUI2015, Atlanta, USA
- 03/2015: Winner of CS Day Graduate Research Competition, Department of Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh